Easy Ginger Chutney Recipe
Ginger Chutney is a popular recipe in South India that needs no introduction. It is healthy and it keeps your body warm and is best during monsoon and winter. This chutney goes well with any meal and perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Let’s follow this recipe.
For The Vegetable Balls
- 1/2 cuproughly chopped ginger (adrak)
- 1 1/2 tbspcoconut oil or any other refined oil
- 2 tbsproughly chopped garlic (lehsun)
- 4 to 5whole dry kashmiri red chilies, broken into pieces
- 1 tspcumin seeds (jeera)
- 2 tbspcoriander (dhania) seeds
- 8 to 10curry leaves (kadi patta)
- 2 tbsptamarind (imli)
- saltto taste
- 1/4 cuproughly chopped jaggery (gur)
- 1/2 tspmustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- 1/2 tspchana dal (split bengal gram)
- 1/2 tspurad dal (split black lentils)
- 1whole dry red chili, broken into pieces
- 1 tspfinely chopped garlic (lehsun)
- 4 to 5few curry leaves (kadi patta)
For The Tempering
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the ginger and garlic and fry on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Add the red chilies, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, curry leaves and tamarind, mix it well and fry on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minute and stir continuously and keep it aside to cool.
- In a blender add jaggery, salt and approx. ½ cup of water and blend to a smooth paste and transfer the paste to a bowl and keep it aside.
For the tempering
- Heat the ½ tbsp of oil in the small non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds and when the seeds crackle, add the chana dal, urad dal, and red chilies and fry on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the garlic and curry leaves and fry on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Pour the tempering over the prepared paste and mix it well.
- Store in an air-tight container and keep refrigerated and use whenever needed.
Check More Side Dishes
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe