Tasty Dal Khichdi Recipe
Dal Khichdi is a popular Indian food prepared with rice and lentils. The combination of carbohydrates and protein along with various spices makes this Khichdi light on the stomach. This khichdi is perfect for lunch or dinner. Let’s follow this tasty recipe.
- 1 cuptoovar (arhar) dal , washed and drained
- 1 cuprice (chawal) , washed and drained
- 1/4 tspturmeric powder (haldi)
- 1/2 tspasafoetida (hing)
- saltto taste
- 1 tbspghee
- 2cloves (laung / lavang)
- 25 mm (1")stick cinnamon (dalchini)
- 6 to 8black peppercorns (kalimirch)
- 2red chilies (boriya mirch)
- 1 tspcumin seeds (jeera)
- 2green chilies , slit green chilies
- 6 to 8curry leaves (kadi patta)
- 1/2 cupfinely chopped onions
- 2 tbspfinely chopped garlic (lehsun)
- 1/2 cupfinely chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbspchili powder
- In a pressure cooker add toovar dal, rice, turmeric powder, ¼ tsp of asafoetida, salt, and 5 cups of water, mix it well and pressure cook for 25 min.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid and keep it aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick kadhai, add cloves, cinnamon, peppercorns, red chilies and cumin seeds and saute on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the remaining ¼ tsp of asafoetida, green chilies, curry leaves, onions and garlic and fry on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, a little salt and chili powder and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the cooked rice-dal mixture in the pan, mix it well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Switch off the flame and transfer to a serving bowl and serve it hot with papad.
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe