Easy Whole Masoor Dal Recipe
Whole Masoor Dal is very easy to prepare and goes prefectly well with rice or roti. Masoor dal is high in protein, folic acid, iron, and zinc, so include dal in your everyday meal. It is an easy and simple dal which can be easily digested. Follow this recipe.
- 1 cupwhole masoor (whole red lentil), washed and drained
- 10 to 12shallots (madras onions)
- 2 tspoil
- 1 cupsliced onions
- 3/4 cupchopped tomatoes
- saltto taste
To Be Ground Into A Smooth Paste(using Little Water)
- 8garlic (lehsun) cloves
- 1 tspcumin seeds (jeera)
- 2 tspcoriander (dhania) seeds
- 1 tbsproughly chopped ginger (adrak)
- 8whole dry Kashmiri red chilies
For The Garnish
- 2 tbspfinely chopped coriander (dhania)
- In a blender add garlic, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, chopped ginger, red chili and make a smooth paste.
- In a pressure cooker add the masoor, shallots, and 2½ cups of water, mix it well and pressure cook for 25 min and allow the steam to escape before opening the lid and keep it aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the onions and fry on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the blended paste, 2 tbsp of water and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, cooked masoor mixture, salt and 1 cup of water, mix it well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot with rice.
Check More Dal Recipes
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe