Soft Onion and Potato Kulcha Recipe
Onion and Potato Kulcha is a popular flat bread recipe from North Indian cuisine. This kulcha is stuffed with a spicy potato-onion filling. This is soft and delicious kulcha and is a perfect option for weekend breakfast. Let’s follow this recipe.
- 2 cupsplain flour (maida)
- saltto taste
- 1/4 tspsoda bicarbonate
- 2 tbspcurd (dahi)
- 2 tbspmilk
- 3 tbspoil
- 2potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 1/2onion, chopped
- 1/4 cupchopped coriander leaves (dhania)
- 8 to 10mint leaves (phudina), chopped
- 2green chilies, chopped
- 1 tsppomegranate seeds (anardana)
- 1/2 tbspchili powder
- 1 tbspcumin powder
- 3/4 tspnigella seeds (kalonji /onion seeds)
- 2 tbspbutter
- In a bowl sieve maida along with soda bicarbonate and salt and add the curd and milk gradually and add sufficient water to make a soft and smooth dough.
- Cover with a wet cloth and keep it aside for ten minutes and after 10 min.
- Add two tbsp of oil and knead it again and cover it again a wet cloth and keep it aside for at least an hour.
- After an hour divide the dough into equal portions and shape them into smooth balls and keep it aside.
- In a bowl add mashed potatoes, onions, coriander leaves, mint leaves, green chilies, pomegranate seeds powder, red chili powder, cumin powder, and salt and mix it well.
- Divide the potato mixture into equal portions and keep it aside.
- Flatten a portion of dough, place a portion of the potato- onion mixture in the center and fold the dough.
- Place the stuffed dough on a lightly floured surface and roll gently into a circle of 5" diameter.
- Brush lightly with oil and sprinkle onion seeds on the surface and press with your palm.
- Preheat oven to 220°c and place on a greased baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 220°c for about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Brush the hot kulcha with butter and serve it hot with chole.
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe