Andhra Style Tomato Dal Recipe
Tomato Dal is a popular Household dish of Andhra. The addition of tomato gives a nice tangy taste. This dish can be very easily prepared at your home within few minutes. You can include this dish in your daily lunch or dinner menu and it tastes best with hot steamed rice. Let’s follow this recipe.
- 1 cupPigeon peas (arhar dal)
- 2Tomatoes, chopped
- 1Onion, chopped
- 2–3Green chilies, chopped
- 1/2 tspMustard seeds (sarson)
- 1/2 tspCumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/2 tspMTR Haldi/Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tspRed Chili Powder
- 8-10Curry leaves (kadi patta)
- a pinchAsafoetida (hing)
- 1 tbspGhee (clarified butter)
- 1/4th cupCoriander leaves (hara dhania), finely chopped
- In a pressure cooker, add ghee and then add mustard seed and jeera and fry it for a min.
- Then add chopped onions, kadi patta and green chilies and fry it for a min.
- Add tomatoes, Red Chili Powder, turmeric powder, hing and salt and mix it nicely and then add dal and ½ cup of water.
- Mix it nicely and cook on a medium flame for 20 minutes and switch off the flame.
- Transfer it on a serving bowl and garnish it with coriander leaves and serve it with steamed rice.
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe