Andhra Style Punugulu Recipe
Punugulu (fried Dumpling) is a popular snack of Andhra. This snack can be easily prepared at your home. This dish is perfect for any party and can also be served as a snack with a cup of tea. It is soft and gooey from inside and is crispy from the outside. Try this dish at your home and relish its mouth-watering flavors and awesome taste.
- 2 cupDosa batter
- 1 tbsprava / semolina / Sooji
- 1 tbsprice flour
- 2 tbsponion, finely chopped
- 1 inchginger, finely chopped
- 1green chili, finely chopped
- 2 tbspcoriander, finely chopped
- 1 tspcumin / jeera
- ½ tspsalt
- oilfor deep frying
For The Dosa Batter
- 1 CupRaw Short-Grain Rice (Chawal) / Par-Boiled Rice (Ukda Chawal)
- 1/3 CupUrad Dal (Split Black Lentils)
- 5 To 7Fenugreek (Methi) Seeds
- 1 TbspRice Flakes(Optional), Soaked And Drained
- saltto taste
For the dosa batter
- Clean, wash and soak the rice in enough water for at least 3 to 4 hours and also clean, wash and soak the urad dal and fenugreek seeds together in enough water for at least 3 to 4 hours.
- Drain the rice, add the rice flakes, a little water (approx. ¼ cup of water) and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Drain the urad dal and fenugreek seeds, add a little water (approx. 1 tbsp of water) and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- In a bowl add the rice paste and urad dal paste and cover it with a lid and allow it to ferment in a warm place for at least 6 to 8 hours.
- After 6-8 hours add ½ cup of water, salt, and keep it aside.
How to proceed
- In a bowl, add 2 cups of Dosa batter and then add 1 tbsp rava and 1 tbsp rice flour, onion, ginger, 1 green chili, coriander, 1 tsp cumin and ½ tsp salt and mix it nicely.
- Grease your palm with oil and carefully drop the mixture into the hot oil and fry on both the sides for 1 minute and drain it on a kitchen towel.
- Serve it with any chutney of your choice.
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe