Sankranthi Special Sweet Pongal Recipe
Sweet Pongal is a traditional South Indian pudding prepared with rice and jaggery. It has a porridge-like consistency, mildly flavored with cardamom. This dish is generally prepared during Sankranthi and offered as a Prasad (religious offerings) to god and goddess in South India. Let’s follow this tasty Pongal recipe.
- 1/2 cuprice (chawal)
- 1/4 cupyellow moong dal (split yellow gram)
- 1 cupchopped jaggery (gur)
- 2 tbspghee
- 1/2 tspcardamom (elaichi) powder
- a pinchof nutmeg (jaiphal) powder
- 10-12broken cashew nuts (kaju)
- 10-12raisins (kismis)
- Heat small non-stick pan, add the rice and yellow moong dal and dry roast on a medium flame for 4 minutes and switch off the flame and keep it aside.
- In a pressure cooker, add the rice and yellow moong dal mixture and also add 3 cups of water and cook for 20 min.
- Switch off the flame and allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Heat ¼ cup of water in a deep non-stick pan, add the jaggery and 1 tbsp of ghee, mix it nicely and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the rice-yellow moong dal mixture, cardamom powder and nutmeg powder, mix it nicely and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and keep it aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp of ghee in a small non-stick pan, add the cashews and raisins and fry it on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add this nuts mixture to the prepared Pongal and mix it nicely and serve it hot.
- Energy 743 cal
- Protein 10.7 g
- Carbohydrates 118.5 g
- Fiber 3.2 g
- Fat 23.9 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Vitamin A 229.1 mg
- Vitamin B1 0.2 mg
- Vitamin B2 0.1 mg
- Vitamin B3 1.3 mg
- Vitamin C 0.6 mg
- Folic Acid 18.7 mg
- Calcium 180.6 mg
- Iron 15.1 mg
- Magnesium 0 mg
- Phosphorus 0 mg
- Sodium 121.5 mg
- Potassium 72.3 mg
- Zinc 1.3 mg
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe