Roasted Chana Dal Chikki Recipe
Roasted Chana Dal Chikki is a popular Indian household recipe that is generally prepared on special occasion.These chikkis are very nutritious because of the combination of chana dal and jaggery, as both are good sources of iron and minerals. This chikki can be very easily prepared with readily available ingredients at your home. Let’s follow this recipe.
- 2 1/2 cupsRoasted chana dal
- 2 cupsChopped jaggery (gur)
- 1. Heat an aluminum kadhai on a high flame and add jaggery, mix it nicely and cook on a high flame for 2 minutes and stir continuously.
- Cook it on a low flame and keep it stirring continuously for 3 minutes or till it changes the colour.
- Switch off the flame and keep it stirring for few more seconds and the roasted chana dal and mix it very nicely.
- Then put the chana dal mixture on a greased platform and pat the mixture, with the greased hands and roll it by using a greased rolling pin to make 275 mm. (11”) diameter circle.
- While rolling make sure that it does not stick on the platform and If it sticks, loosen it by using a flat ladle, and roll it again.
- Cut it immediately by using a sharp knife into equal squares and store it in an airtight container and enjoy it whenever you want to.
- Energy 44 cal
- Protein 0.9 g
- Carbohydrates 9.7 g
- Fiber 0.3 g
- Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Vitamin A 43.5 mg
- Vitamin B1 0 mg
- Vitamin B2 0 mg
- Vitamin B3 0.3 mg
- Vitamin C 2.3 mg
- Folic Acid 0 mg
- Calcium 12.1 mg
- Iron 0.3 mg
- Magnesium 0 mg
- Phosphorus 0 mg
- Sodium 8.6 mg
- Potassium 43 mg
- Zinc 0 mg
By Meghna Nath
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe