Simple and Easy Cabbage Poriyal Recipe
Cabbage Poriyal is a very traditional South Indian dry vegetable dish made from cabbage. This dish has the freshness of cabbage, slightly spiced from different spices, and also has a sweet taste from grated coconut. It is a perfect dish on a busy day and ideal with steamed rice. Today let us learn how to prepare the easy and simple recipe.
- 2 cupsshredded cabbage
- 1 tspmustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- 1/2 tspurad dal (split black lentils)
- 1green chili, slit
- 2whole dry Kashmiri red chilies, broken into pieces
- 8 to 10curry leaves (kadi patta)
- a pinchof turmeric powder (haldi)
- 2 tspoil
- saltto taste
For The Garnish
- 2 tbspgrated coconut
- Heat the oil, add the mustard seeds and urad dal and when the seeds crackle, add green chilies dry red chilies, curry leaves, and turmeric powder and fry for few seconds.
- Add cabbage, salt, ¼ cup of water and cook on a medium flame for 6 to 7 minutes or cook till the cabbage is tender and stir occasionally.
- Switch off the flame and transfer it to a serving plate and garnish with grated coconut.
- Serve it hot with rice and enjoy this traditional dish.
Cabbage is a good source of manganese, dietary fiber, potassium, vitamin B1, folate and copper, phosphorus, vitamin B 2, magnesium, calcium, selenium, and iron.
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe