Healthy Vegetable Quinoa Upma Recipe
Quinoa Upma is a healthy and quick Indian recipe made by using Quinoa and vegetables. Vegetable Quinoa Upma is very easy and quick to make just like any other upma recipes. This upma is perfect for breakfast or for lunch.
- 1 cupQuinoa, cooked
- 1/2 cupGreen peas, steamed
- 1/2 cupCarrots, diced, & steamed
- 2Green Chilies, finely chopped
- 1Onion, finely chopped
- 1 inchGinger, grated
- 1/4 teaspoonTurmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 pinchCinnamon Powder
- 2Cardamom pod, pounded
- Saltto taste
- 2 tablespoonsCoriander leaves (Dhania), chopped
- 1 tablespoonCooking oil
- 1/2 teaspoonMustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoonAsafoetida (hing)
- 1/2 teaspoonChana dal (Bengal Gram Dal)
- 1Curry leaves
- In a deep bowl add water and when water starts to boil add the Quinoa and cook till it is soft and once done, switch off the flame and drain the water for the Quinoa and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan and add mustard seeds, chana dal and allow it to crackle and roast until the chana dal turns golden brown.
- Add curry leaves and asafoetida, onions, ginger, and green chilies and fry until the onions are soft and tender.
- Add green chilies, carrots, and peas and fry for a few minutes and also add cinnamon powder and cardamom powder and fry for few seconds.
- Add the cooked Quinoa and cover the pan with a lid and cook on a low flame for 5 min and adjust the salt and spice according to your taste.
- Switch off the flame and garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve it hot with the ginger pickle.
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe