Vinayaka Chathurdhi Special Motichoor Laddu Recipe
The Besan Ke Ladoo tastes excellent, but do not worry for its long process. When you follow the step by step preparation process, you can prepare ladoos in an easy way. The ladoos made at home seems to be softer and tasty. Have a glance towards the preparation process.
- 1 cupsugar
- ½ cupwater
- A pinch ofsaffron powder or crushed saffron
- 1 cupgram flour
- Pinch ofsaffron powder
- ¾ cupwater
- 2 to 3black cardamoms
- ½ tablespoonmelon seeds
- Oil forfrying
- Ghee for applying on palms while shaping the ladoos
- Take a besan and make a smooth flowing batter by mixing water
- Add saffron to the smooth mixture
- Make sure that the batter should neither be too thick or too thin
- It should be a flowing batter without any lumps
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan and take a perforated ladle/spoon
- Take one more perforated ladle/spoon to remove the fried boondis
- Take a large spoon of the batter and pour it on the perforated ladle/spoon
- Fry the boondi till they become golden
- Do not over fry them or make them crips
- When the oil stops sizzling, remove them from the pan and add them directly into the sugar syrup
- Make all the boondis in the same way and keep on adding to the sugar syrup
- Place the softened boondi in a blender and the remaining sugar syrup
- Pulse it for few times till they get a smaller shape
- Do not pulse them too much as you may not be able to shape the ladoos properly
- Add melon seeds and black cardamom seeds
- Mix them well
- Apply some oil or ghee on your palms and shape the ladoos
- The ladoos may be warm when preparing, but they become firm on cooling
- You can garnish them with melon seeds or raisins.
- Make sure that the sugar syrup should be hot when you are adding the fried boondi. If the sugar syrup is not hot, then heat it before adding the boondi.
- Do not pulse the boondi too much as you may not be able to shape the Motichoor Ladus
- You can refrigerate the ladoos as they are not made of ghee. If you fry them in ghee, then the ghee will solidify on refrigeration.
Generally some of the ladoos outside are found in green, orange and red in color. So instead of adding food color, you can add saffron as it is a natural coloring agent. Make this recipe on you Ganesh Chathurthi because he loves to gorge on such special delicacies.
Find out the 10 best Indian dessert recipes.
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe