Are you conscious about health and want to maintain a proper health diet? Here is a dish with pumpkin, that is rich in sweet and tastes like butter. Isn’t it interesting! Here is an easy dish with simple ingredients in a step by step process.
- 1/2 cupToor Dal/ Tuvaram Paruppu
- 1 tablespoonTurmeric Powder/ Manjal Podi
For The Preparation of Sambar:
- 1/2 a small one cubedPumpkin
- 1 tablespoonOil
- 1 teaspoonMustard Seeds/Kaduku
- 1 teaspoonCumin Seeds/Jeerakam
- 1/4 teaspoonAsafoetida/hing/ kaya Podi
- a SpringCurry Leaves
- 1 Large peeled and slicedOnion
- 2 slitGreen Chillies
- 2 tablespoonsCoriander Leaves/Malli Podi
- 2 teaspoonsChilli Powder
- 1 teaspoonTurmeric Powder/ Manjal Podi
- Saltto taste
- 1/2 teaspoonSugar/Jaggery
- 2tblspn to tastye3Tamarind Pulp
- as neededWater
- Take a cooker, pour water and add Dal and turmeric powder.
- Cover and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Turn off the cooker and let the steam escape all by itself.
- Open the Dal and mash well. Set it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add Mustard, Cumin seeds, Curry leaves and Asfoetida.
- Saute it for 5 minutes.
- Add onions, green Chillies. Saute till it turns into golden Colour.
- Add the chopped pumpkin cubes into the pan. Mix it well.
- Add some salt and sugar. Mix it well.
- Add all spice powders and mix it well.
- Add the cooked dal, tamarind pulp and some water to thin the sambar. Mix it well.
- Bring it to boil on medium flame for 5-8 minutes.
Delicious Pumpkin Sambar is ready to serve, taste better with hot rice
You can also try this Best Indian Pepper Rasam
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe